Comments from IEC Member Contractor Across the Country
These are just a few comments from contractors in six (6) states… more where these came from!
- As a contractor, I want the MOST I can get for my money. I have had apprentices in the IEC program since 1997 and everyone that has graduated has gone on to be a top-notch apprentice. It is a solid curriculum!
~ IEC-OKC Member Contractor, Oklahoma
- The IEC program is superior. I base that my determination on the following: 1) personal interaction and assessment of my apprentices on the jobsite 2) the success ratio of IEC graduates who pass their journeyman’s exam and 3) the number of apprentices, who qualify and pass the journeyman’s exam prior to graduation, and still CHOOSE to complete the program because THEY recognize the validity, necessity and value of the program.
~ IEC-OKC Member Contractor, Oklahoma
- When talking about the benefit of IEC training I find it most effective to simply share with you our actual dollar investment average in IEC per year. Annually, Pyramid invests on average over $35,000 in our local and the national chapter of IEC. This does not take into account the higher payscales that we disburse to our certified apprentices on a weekly basis. If putting our money where our mouth is has not spoken to you then consider the following :
- Our IEC trained employees work more safely: The proof is in our exemplary safety record and low “mod” rate of 0.70. We actually pay our employees to work safely and reward them when they do.
- Our IEC trained employees work more efficiently: We are able to bid and perform work with less expense while giving more back to our employees. Last year were able to give back more than $30,000 in field performance awards and safety equipment in one company meeting – and this does not include bonuses while still growing over 25% in the midst of the economic downturn.
- Several members of our organization have taken on the role of ATC member, instructor or curriculum developer for IEC – we would not waste our valuable time developing, administering or teaching something that was not effective.
- The list of benefits associated with IEC training goes on and on, but frankly, we would rather spend our time and money advancing education and training than touting it. The facts speak for themselves!
~ IEC-OKC Member Contractor, Tennessee
- We have been training employees through IEC for numerous years because I have seen the professionalism and the skills developed by our own apprentices as they progress through the IEC curriculum.
~ IEC-OKC Member Contractor, Utah
- For ten years I have been involved with IEC training and it is very apparent that it has a positive impact on the quality of the electricians it trains for the industry. As a contractor, I know from experience that the IEC apprentices I employ are receiving relevant training in all areas of electrical construction. The training is up-to-date with the ever-changing technology and is in-depth with dealing with day-to-day situations. I am assured that my IEC apprentices all have the theory behind the nut and bolts of the work they perform. In my company, IEC graduates account for two (2) of my superintendents, five (5) of my foremen and six (6) of my leadmen and a significant number of my journeymen.
~ IEC-OKC Member Contractor, Texas
- In my opinion, the IEC school has upgraded my workforce. The Apprenticeship program not only educates my apprentices but instills the confidence needed to assume the role of leader in today’s workplace.
IEC-OKC Member Contractor, Texas
- Since joining IEC a few years ago, Manitou Electric has noticed a Drastic improvement in employees completing this training. My employees are much more knowledgeable, confident and successful electricians because of IEC. It is very easy to identify those workers that have attended the program and those that have not.
IEC-OKC Member Contractor, Colorado
- As an electrical contractor with 35 years of in the electrical field, 28 years of which as a contractor, I can assure you of the competence and professionalism of IEC graduates. Having worked with and hired IBEW trained electricians and now using IEC trained electricians, I can attest to you of the superior skills, competency, productivity (key), and professionalism of my IEC trained employees. I have personally talked with IBEW contractors that I know from my old IBEW days and had them tell me how much they like getting IEC trained people whenever they can.
IEC-OKC Member Contractor, Missouri